This article includes :
- 1 Latest Application Form Available 2018
- 2 Here are the Top B.tech colleges in West Bengal which invite admission based on JEE Main exam
- 3 Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata
- 4 Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- 5 Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- 6 Asansol Engineering College
Admission in the Top B.tech Colleges West Bengal is done on the basis of marks secured in both WBJEE and JEE Main exams. JEE Main examination is a national level examination,which is conducted for admission in B.Tech/ BE programs offered by Engineering colleges across India. It is a National level entrance test. JEE Main is conducted in both Online and Offline modes. In Offline mode, JEE Main is expected to be conducted on April 1, 2018. Whereas, JEE Main Online examination is scheduled for April 7, 2018 and April 8, 2018.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply Online for B.Tech from UPES. Click Here
- Apply Online for B.Tech from MIT Pune. Click Here
- Admission Open for Chandigarh University. Click Here
JEE Main Exam Pattern includes Paper 1 in which there are 90 objective type questions which have to be solved in 3 hours’ time. Paper 1 is divided into 3 sections namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Students who are seeking admission in Architecture program have to choose Paper 2 of IIT-JEE Main. Paper 2 is a pen paper based exam which comprises 80 objective type questions to be solved in 2 hours’. Questions in the Paper 2 are asked from Aptitude test, Mathematics and Drawing Test.
JEE Main exam marking scheme: for every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
After the declaration of result for both JEE Main and WBJEE exam, the merit list for West Bengal BE/ B.Tech admission will be released.
There are 50 Engineering colleges in West Bengal that provide admission to the Undergraduate programs on the basis of JEE Main score. In the below articles we are discussing about the top 5 colleges in West Bengal, their selection procedure, courses, how to apply and placement. Following is the list of top 5 colleges:
Here are the Top B.tech colleges in West Bengal which invite admission based on JEE Main exam
- Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata
- Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- Techno India University, Kolkata
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- Asansol Engineering College
Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata
Institute of Engineering and Management (IEM) offers various programs in the fields of Engineering and Technology, Business Management and Management studies at UG and PG level.
For both B.Tech and B.Tech (Lateral Entry) 6 branches of specializations are available. While M.Tech offers 3 areas of specialization. On the other hand, MBA and PGDM both provide 4 branches of specialization.
For getting admission in IEM Kolkata, students need to register online for JEE Main 2018. IEM offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses which are listed below:
- Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Masters of Science (M.Sc.)
Selection procedure is different for each course which have been explained below:
- Selection in the B.Tech program is done through West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) and JEE Main
- Admission to M.Tech program is accepted through GATE
- For MBA and MCA program, selection is done on the basis of student’s rank in CAT or JEMAT
- Selection in M.Sc program is done through JAM or PGET.
All the shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling. Final selection is based on the student’s performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
How to apply
By following the steps given below, aspirants can apply for admission to IEM Kolkata:
- Obtain the application form from the official website of IEM.
- Fill all the detail in the application form online
- Pay the application fee by DD in favour of Institute of Engineering and Management Trust at Kolkata
- Take your filled in application form along with the copy of all the documents with DD of INR 2000 in favour of Institute of Engineering and Management Trust at the following address:
Salt Lake Electronics Complex
Sector –V, Kolkata -700091
Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
Heritage Institute of Technology offers 3 UG and PG programs namely B.Tech, M.Tech and MCA.
B.Tech offers 9 branches of specialization, while M.Tech offers 7 areas of specialization. For getting admission in these programs, students have to clear entrance exams. The admission is based on the candidate’s score and performance in the exam. In the institute 10% seats are reserved for management quota. Final decision of admission is depends on Management.
Following is the list of courses offered by HIT:
- Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech)
- Masters of Technology M.Tech
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Selection of the students is strictly based on the merit list. If the student qualifies the entrance exam, then they will be allotted seat in the college during counselling.
- Students selection in the B.Tech is done after qualifying WBJEE or JEE Mains by CBSE
- Candidates must qualify PGET i.e. Postgraduate Entrance Test by MAKAUT for getting selected in M.Tech
- In order to get selected in MCA, students need to qualify JECA by WBJEE recommended by board
How to Apply
By following the below steps students can apply for admission in HIT:
- Log on to the official website of Heritage Institute of Technology
- Visit the Admission section
- The application form will be available on the home page
- Fill and submit the form along with the required fees
Techno India University, Kolkata
All the interested candidates can get admission in Techno India University after clearing the various entrance tests such as WBJEE, JEE Main and TNJEE. Students have to clear any of the examination for admission. Non Resident Indian/ Foreign National Students have provision of direct admission.
The university offers courses in various streams such as Accounting & Commerce, Architecture & Planning, Banking, Finance & Insurance, Business & Management Studies, Engineering, Law, Humanities & Social Sciences, Science, Medicine & Health Sciences etc.
Following is the list of various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the university:
- B.Com LL.B
- B.E/ B.Tech
- BBA LL.B
- BBA LL.B (Hons.)
- M.E/ M.Tech
- MBA/ PGDM
- Selection of the students is strictly based on the marks secured by them in an entrance examination
- According to the students marks they will be ranked in the merit list
- All the shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling as per their rank
- At Counselling, Physical presence of the candidate is mandatory for getting seat in particular course
How to Apply
For getting admission in the university perform the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Techno India University
- Click on the apply online. You will be redirected to another page
- Now select particular entry level and program category
- Click on the Next button
- After clicking on the button, the online application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Now fill and submit the form along with the application form fees.
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Kolkata
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Students need to fill the online application form for getting admission in the institute.
According to scores in IIT-JEE Main, they will get admission in the undergraduate programs. Admission in the Postgraduate programs is done on the basis of GATE scores. The institute offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses such as B.Tech, BE, M.Tech, Ph.D.
B.Tech and BE courses offered in various streams like:
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control
- Manufacturing Process and Automation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Information Technology.
- Students selection in B.E/ B.Tech programs is solely based on the performance in IIT-JEE Main.
- According to the rank in the examination a merit list will be released.
- Selection of the students in M.Tech programs is based on the performance in GATE scores.
How to apply
The admission will be done online on the official website of the university. After obtaining the marks of qualifying exams, perform the following steps:
- Visit the official website of NSIT.
- Students need to fill the online application form and pay the counselling fees of INR 1100 to participate in the counselling process.
- After paying the counselling fees, students need to revisit the website and fill the online registration form
Students need to submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- Original receipt of applicable fee payment
- Registration form printout dully attested by Principle of School.
- Three passport size photographs
- Self-attested copy of admit card and score card
- Attested copy of mark sheet of qualifying exam
- Original and attested copy of caste or category certificate
- Medical fitness original certificate
Asansol Engineering College
Interested students need to appear for entrance tests to get admission to various courses like B.Tech, BBA, MCA, BCA and M.Tech in the discipline of Technology, Computer Application and Business Administration. Registrations are required to be made before appearing for the test.
- Selection of the students in B.Tech course is done on the basis of marks secured in IIT-JEE Main conducted by CBSE.
- Those who want to get admission in M.Tech course need to appear in the entrance exam namely PGET.
- Applicants who want to get admission in BBA and BCA can contact directly to the College Admission Cell or City Office
- In order to seek admission in MCA, selection is based on the written test called JECA conducted by WBJEE.
How to apply
To apply for undergraduate and postgraduate programs, check the official website. Students can apply through online mode only. By following the below-mentioned steps, students can apply for admission:
Visit the official website of NIT
- Click on the Online Form Filling link
- Fill all the required fields and click on the submit button
Students need to submit the following important documents at the time of admission.
- Provisional Seat allotment letter
- Original Admit card of IIT-JEE Main
- One passport size photograph same as on the IIT-JEE Main application form
- IIT-JEE Main score card issued by CBSE
- Photo ID proof either by central government or state government or last attended school
- Medical certificate
- Class 10 mark sheet as proof of Name of candidate and date of birth