National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli, commonly known as NIT Trichy is a public engineering institute in Tamil Nadu. NIT Trichy has consistently ranked among top 10 public technical institutes, across the country. The institute was established in 1964 as Regional Engineering College and received its status of NIT in 2003. Admissions to the B.Tech program at the institute is based on candidate’s rank in JEE Main. Applicants must have also secured at least 75% marks in HSC Examinations or be in top 20 percentile as essential qualification requirement for admissions.
For admissions to NIT, the admissions authorities will publish JEE Main cut off scores. It is essential for the applicants to secure a rank between the opening and closing rank as issued by the institute. Applicants securing ranks, lower than the closing ranks will not be allowed to participate in the seat allotment procedure. However, candidates must note that barely securing the concerned ranks will not be an assurance for admission. NIT Trichy, Cut Off Ranks will be declared considering the factors listed below:
- Level of difficulty of examination
- Total number of applicants for JEE Main
- Performance of applicants in the test
- Cut off trends of the previous years
NIT Trichy Expected Cut Off for JEE Main 2018
Every year, the institute admits the top rankers of the entrance exam to its various courses. It releases category and branch wise rank cut off lists for admissions. For reference, candidates can go through the previous year cut off for admissions to B.Tech courses at NIT Trichy through JEE Main. Below given is the previous year cut off for NIT Trichy Cut Off for JEE Main.
- Expected JEE Main Cut Off for NITs
- Expected JEE Main Cut off for IITs
- Expected JEE Main cut for GFTs
NIT Trichy Cut Off for JEE Main 2017 (Round 1)
|Branch||Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Home State||Other State||Home State||Other State|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||General||1078||1546||9937||5309|
|Computer Science & Engineering||General||499||324||4912||2120|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||General||1997||1048||6929||3747|
|Instrumentation & Control Engineering||General||8672||5386||14188||11036|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||General||11317||7453||23535||17505|
NIT Trichy Cut Off for JEE Main 2016 (Round 1)
|Branch||Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||General||539||8810|
|Computer Science & Engineering||General||97||2636|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||General||395||5664|
|Instrumentation & Control Engineering||General||3207||12735|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||General||2002||26489|
About JEE Main
- JEE Main 2018 is conducted by CBSE for admission to B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch courses. Paper 1 of JEE Main (B.E./B.Tech) is a gateway to various IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs. While JEE Main Paper 2 is held for admission to B.Arch course.
- JEE Main is a 3-hours duration exam consisting of Objective Type and Drawing Aptitude (only for Paper 2) questions. Objective type questions are based on 11th and 12th standard Science stream syllabus.
- To be eligible for admission to NITs, IITs, IIITs and CFTIs, the minimum percentage is 75% marks in class 12.
- JEE Main Syllabus for Paper 1 covers 3 subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (based on 10+2 curriculum prescribed by CBSE).
- JEE Main Paper 2 comprises 3 sections- Aptitude Test, Mathematics and Drawing Test.
- JEE Main Cut off is prepared on the basis of the normalized score. The minimum cut off for General category was 81 in 2017.
- JoSAA will conduct Joint Counselling session for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced qualified candidates.
NIT Trichy Eligibility Criteria
NIT Trichy offers 4 year B.Tech program under array of specializations. Admissions are based on Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) conducted by CBSE. Students who qualify the entrance exam will have to appear for the centralized counseling by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). Minimum educational qualification for the Bachelor’s degree course is 75% marks in Higher Secondary examinations or be in top 20 percentile in the Higher Secondary exam conducted by the respective board. Physics and Mathematics are the compulsory subjects at 10+2 level. All the eligible candidates can apply through for JEE Main at the official web portal of CBSE before January 01, 2018.
- Relaxation of 10% will be given for SC/ST candidates in the qualifying examination.
- Class 12th marks will not be added for calculation of rank and merit.
- Candidates must produce the list of documents given below at the time of counseling:
- Class 10th mark sheet (proof of D.O.B)
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Caste certificate (SC/ ST candidates)
- Score card of JEE Main