JEE Main consists of two separate papers, each for admission to B.E./B.Tech programs and B.Arch Programs. JEE Main Paper 2 for B.Arch Admissions was conducted in offline (Pen and Paper based mode) on April 08 across all the centers in the country. The paper was conducted without any major trouble and CBSE published the official answer keys at jeemain.nic.in on May 10, 2018. JEE Main Result for Paper 2 is likely to be released on May 30.
Candidates qualifying in JEE Main Paper 2 can either apply for AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) to apply for admission to B.Arch programs in IITs or participate in JoSAA for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.
After release of Answer keys, candidates can view and challenge the key. Challenge has to be submitted in online mode along with payment of stipulated fee. Besides, candidates can also download images of their OMR sheets or view the record of their machine read responses. Read on to get more details.
Candidates seeking admissions to the B.Tech. courses need to apply for Paper I, whereas those seeking admissions to the B.Arch. and B.Plan. courses need to apply for Paper II. However, you are allowed to appear in both Paper I and Paper II of JEE Main 2018.
The JEE Main 2017 for Paper II was carried out successfully on April 02, 2017 from 2 pm to 5 pm. It was a pen and paper based exam, conducted for students who opted while filling the application form to attempt this exam by offline mode.
Note that the Paper II of JEE Main can be attempted in the offline mode only. However, the Paper I could be attempted in both online and offline modes. This article provides you with complete details related to the JEE Main 2017 Paper II analysis. Keep reading.
Download JEE Main Paper 2 Answer Keys
Candidates can click on the links provided in the table below to download key for each set of question paper.
|Question Paper Code||Answer Key|
|Code R||Click Here|
|Code S||Click Here|
|Code T||Click Here|
|Code U||Click Here|
How to Download and Challenge Answer Key on the Official Site
Candidates who wish to download the key from the official site or challenge the key can simple follow the steps mentioned herein:
- Visit the official site of JEE Main 2018 (jeemain.nic.in)
- Click on the link provided below for downloading answer key of JEE Main Paper 2
- Enter Application Number and Password to login.
- Two options are available after login – View Answer Key/Challenge Answer Key
- To view, click on the appropriate link and choose correct question paper set from the drop down menu
- Candidates can either take printout or save the screen in PDF format to view the key later
- To challenge, click on the appropriate link.
- On the next screen, choose booklet no., question no., answer as indicated on key, correct response according to you and click on add.
- Follow the same step to add and challenge more keys.
- Candidates can also login to view and challenge the machine recorded responses, and also download the image of their submitted OMR answer sheet.
- To challenge JEE Main Paper 2 Answer Key, candidates need to pay INR 1000 per key via designated payment modes. This fee is non-refundable, unless the challenge is accepted and approved by the committee.
- Candidates can view the official answer keys and send challenges only till 13th May (till 11.59 pm). Challenges can be filed in online mode only. No other mode will be accepted.
- CBSE will publish final answer keys after all the challenges submitted within the stipulated time period.
JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 Analysis
The Paper II of JEE Main 2017 contained total 82 questions that carries 390 marks. Overall, the question paper was a bit difficult and lengthy, with the difficulty level as moderate high. The pattern of the aptitude section was bit different from that of the previous years.
Some sections, such as counting surfaces and counting shapes, were removed from the scope of the questions. In their place, some easy questions were added.
The general knowledge part of aptitude was manageable as stated by the students. The Mathematics section was toughest of all the three sections.
The standard of the question paper was kept quite high. Many questions were not very difficult, but were tricky. Few questions were directly picked from the CBSE syllabus.
The Drawing section was not very difficult, but it was lengthy. Many students found it hard to complete in the provided time. This year, the students were not given any specific instructions to draw the patterns.
They were not bound to use a specific number of shapes or fixed alignments. In Paper II of JEE Main 2016, certain guidelines were issued to the candidates over the use of specific shapes and the number of patterns.
The Paper II contained three sections, Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing. The Aptitude section contained 50 questions for 200 marks and Mathematics contained 30 questions for 120 marks.
Each question from these two sections was covering 4 marks for every correct answer. And with the negative marking concept, 1 mark was supposed to be deducted on attempting a question with an incorrect answer.
The Drawing section contained total 70 marks and had only two questions. The first question was further divided into two parts, each of which carried 20 marks. The second question was carrying 30 marks.
There was some major changes in the Paper II of JEE Main exam pattern from 2016. The first one being, the weightage of class 12th for calculating the India-level rank of the students was eliminated.
JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 Solution by Resonance
Additionally, JEE applicants must have scored minimum 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in 12th standard or be in the top 20 percentile in a class 12th exam. Also from 2017, Aadhaar card was made mandatory for the students who were applying for JEE Main.
In case candidates do not have one, they were required to apply for the same at an Aadhaar enrollment center, and mention the enrollment Id in the application form. The same was supposed to be produced by the candidates at a later stage.
You must be going thoroughly the above discussion of Paper II of JEE Main 2017, if you are an aspiring student of an architecture course for a prestigious IIT. It is very critical for you to start preparing for the JEE Main 2018 exam rigorously keeping this analysis in your mind.
The JEE Main 2018 Paper II is planned to be held on April 08, 2018, 2 PM to 5 PM. The results for the same will be disclosed on May 31, 2018. All the best!