This article includes :
- 1 Latest Application Form Available 2018
- 2 JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch.) Important Topics for JEE Mains:
- 3 How to prepare for B. Arch. JEE?
- 4 Books for B. Arch JEE:
Central Board of Secondary Education conducts Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main Paper 2 (B.Arch.) for admission to undergraduate programs in Architecture and Planning at IITs and other central institutions. The syllabus and pattern of the JEE Main for B. Arch is prescribed by the Council of Architecture and the students aspiring to pursue B. arch must possess a creative mind and drawing skills.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main Paper 2:
JEE Main has two papers:
Paper 1: for all undergraduate engineering programs and
Paper 2: for Architecture and Planning programs.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
As an aspiring B. Arch/ B. Planning student, you have two ways as per the institute you wish to get admissions in:
- To pursue B. Arch. in IIT Kharagpur or IIT Roorkee, it is mandatory to clear the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT). The contenders who have secured a rank in JEE (Advanced) are eligible to sit for AAT. The test will be held only at the seven zonal IITs.
- For admissions to institutions other than the IITs, JEE Main Paper 2(B. Arch. / B. Planning) scores are taken into account. Paper 2 is in pen and paper mode.
B. Arch is a 3 hours exam based on Mathematics, Aptitude and a Drawing/Sketching Test in which the aptitude test can be written only in English language. You must carry your own coloring and drawing aids. Paper 1 can be attempted in both online and offline mode, whereas, paper 2 can be attempted by pen and paper only.
JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch.) Important Topics for JEE Mains:
The complete B arch syllabus for JEE Mains and AAT.
JEE Main Paper 2 important topics: Mathematics
In mathematics section, 60% question are directly asked from the calculus and 30% questions are based upon brainstorming.
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Mathematical Induction
- Sequences and Series
- Permutations and Combinations
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Applications of Binomial Theorem
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Vector Algebra
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Mathematical Reasoning
JEE Main Paper 2 important topics – Aptitude test
In aptitude section 40% question are asked from the visualization and three-dimensional pictures, 25% questions are being asked from the logical reasoning, 30% questions are directly asked from the aptitude section and remaining 5% questions are asked from the general awareness.
- Awareness of places, persons, buildings and materials
- Texture and objects related to Architecture and building environment.
- Visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects
- Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal)
- Analytical Reasoning
- Three dimensional – perception and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects.
- Color texture, building forms and elements, contrast and harmony.
JEE Main Paper 2 important topics – Drawing test
In this section you will find only two questions, first one comprises engineering drawing concepts i.e. based on figure drawing and two-dimensional composition and second one asked from the memory drawing.
- Drawing and designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union
- Elevations and 3 D views of objects Rotation
- Development of surfaces and volumes
- Generation of Plan
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms
The level of difficulty increases every year as seen in a recent research that the exam is going to tougher year by year. So you need to prepare well and click here to know how to prepare?
Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes (public space, festivals, market, street scenes, recreational spaces monuments, etc.), landscape (gardens, trees, riverfronts, jungles, plants etc.) and rural life.
How to prepare for B. Arch. JEE?
The best approach to prepare for the exam will be to combine your boards’ preparation with JEE Main paper 2 preparations, though the format may differ but the concepts remain the same.
Tips for B. Arch JEE
- Instead of learning by rote, focus on understanding the concept before moving on to the next topic. Refer to both Class XI and XII books for Maths especially.
- Divide your syllabus in monthly and weekly segments and assign practical targets to achieve them.
- Work on your observation skills and drawing to prepare for the Aptitude and Drawing tests. You may join a coaching class for drawing practice.
- Utilize your Engineering Drawing notes for 2D/3D questions’ preparation.
- Clear your doubt at the earliest to avoid any confusion later.
- Try to add variation in your daily study schedule, like study Maths, Drawing and Aptitude related topics, to avoid monotony.
- Make revision notes/flash cards on concepts, formulae, definitions etc. for each topic.
- Solve enough sample papers and previous years’ tests to develop pace and practice. You can even take online mock tests for practice.
Books for B. Arch JEE:
Few useful reference books besides the CBSE NCERTs are:
- A Complete Self Study Guide for B. Architecture 2015 Entrance Examination (English) by P.K Mishra, Arihant Publications
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Book by R.S. Aggarwal,
- Architecture Entrance Book by P.K. Mishra.