This article includes :
- 1 Latest Application Form Available 2018
- 2 JEE Main Application Form Important Dates
- 3 JEE Main Application Fee:
- 4 JEE Main 2018 Eligibility
- 5 7 Simple steps to fill JEE Main Application form.
- 6 How to Fill JEE Application Main Form
- 7 Details in JEE Main Form
- 8 JEE Main Form Correction
JEE Main Admit Card has been released on 12th March 2018. The candidates who appeared for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main) has an opportunity to correct the details on their aadhar card if required because the CBSE has been activated the link for the online correction facility in Aadhar Card. The last date for application form correction fee submission was 23rd January 2018. Correction in application form had started from 9th January 2018 to 22nd January 2018. Those who are already registered for JEE Main can correct their application form. Remove discrepancies from uploaded images facilities which is provided by the CBSE from 8th December 2017 had been over now and the correction in particular details have started from 9th January 2018 and now closed. The application form is only available in an online mode where as the exam will be conducted online and offline mode. It will be conducted for online (15 & 16 April) & offline (8 April). Candidates who are seeking admission in the undergraduate programs offered by IITs, NITs and GFTs (ISM) Dhanbad. JEE Main 2018 will be conducted in online mode and offline mode. JEE Main Application Form is available on the official website jeemain.nic.in.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply Online for B.Tech from UPES. Click Here
- Apply Online for B.Tech from MIT Pune. Click Here
- Admission Open for Chandigarh University. Click Here
The link has been activated by CBSE for candidates who want correction in their Aadhar Card. Candidates can correct it by Click here.
Here are few key points about JEE Main Application Form:
- JEE Main is conducted by CBSE.
- JEE Main is for aspirants seeking admission to B.E./B. Tech courses in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other engineering colleges.
- The academic eligibility of the aspirants for appearing in JEE Main 2018 should be at least 45% marks in five subjects for 12th class.
- Age eligibility is that aspirant’s date of birth should be on or after October 1, 1993.
- Five years of relaxation will be considered for SC/ST/PwD category aspirants.
- JEE Main category aspirant’s date of birth should be on or after October 1, 1988.
- The Registration Process for JEE Main Application Form includes three steps:
- Filling in details
- Uploading scanned images
- Payment of fee
- It should not be sent to the authority via post. In order to appear for the exam, aspirants should check if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
JEE Main Application Form Important Dates
JEE Main 2018 will be conducted in 248 cities across India and 10 International cities. Joint Entrance Exam Main 2018 will be conducted in 08th April 2018 (Pen and Paper Based) and 15th & 16th April 2018 (Computer Based). Aspirants can refer to the table below for more information.
|JEE Main application form 2018 has available from||1st December 2017|
|JEE Main Remove Discrepancy in uploaded images||8th December 2017|
|Last date to fill JEE Main form||1st January 2018|
|Last Date to submit JEE Main application fee||2nd January 2018|
|JEE Main Admit Card 2018 will be issued on||2nd Week March 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Offline (Pen and Paper based) exam is scheduled for||08th April 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Online (CBT) exam is scheduled for||15th & 16th April 2018|
As CBSE announced previously that Aadhaar Card is the mandatory process for JEE Main Registration. The details will be validated by CBSE with the UIDAI and School Records which we have entered in the application form.
JEE Main Application Fee:
Offline Mode (Pen & Paper Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
|Exam center in India||Exam Centre in out of India|
Online Mode (Computer Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility
The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main is 12th pass or equivalent with minimum 45% marks in each of the five subjects. If the aspirants belonging to reserved category, the minimum marks required are 40% marks in each subject. The other mandatory requirements for appearing JEE Main 2018 are below:
- JEE Main aspirants must have passed class 12 exams in 2017 or 2016. Those who are appearing for class 12 exam in 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- You can attempt it thrice within the consecutive years.
- The age eligibility for application is that the candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1993.
- A 5 years relaxation of is given to reserved category aspirants.
- For BE/B.Tech, a combination of Physics and Mathematics with any of the subjects such as Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology is mandatory.
- For B.Arch./Planning, a combination of total 5 subjects including Mathematics with 50% marks.
- JEE Main aspirants with Indian citizenship should possess UIDAI issued Aadhaar card.
- Applicants from Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam are required to enter any one of the following:
- Ration card number
- Bank account number
- Passport number
- Any other Government Identity number
- Applicants who are seeking admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs should have the minimum of 75% marks in class 12th.
- For reserved category, 65% in class 12th is the minimum requirement.
- International Applicants should have a valid foreign passport with permits granted for educational purpose. A valid student Visa is also accepted.
- Applicants should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam by recognized University.
7 Simple steps to fill JEE Main Application form.
- Click on the JEE Main application form on the Official Site
- Register Yourself for JEE Main 2018
- Enter your details in JEE Main application form same as in your matriculation certificate
- upload your scanned photograph, signature and Thumb impression
- Pay your application fee through debit card, credit card or net banking
- Select your exam centers
- Submit Form and take a printout of your application form.
How to Fill JEE Application Main Form
JEE Main Application Form can be processed in online mode only. Here are the steps to successfully apply for the test:
- Visit the official JEE Main website
- Click on the link “Apply for JEE Main 2018”
- Registration page will appear
- Registration and Login
- A valid email ID, mobile number, and Aadhaar card should be kept handy.
- All the details should be filled to complete JEE Main Registration.
- Easy to remember yet secure password should be entered along with a security question and answer.
- After successful registration, an application number will be generated.
- Applicants can then log in using the application number and password.
- Applicants should fill in all the valid details.
- Details such as Nationality, Aadhaar card number, and Date of birth should be entered.
- Enter personal details such as Postal address, Guardians details, Phone number.
- Fill in the Academic details such as Percentage, College, Board and CGPA.
- Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Candidates are required to upload their recent color photograph and signature to proceed.
There are specific requirements to upload them which are listed below:
- The format required for photograph and signature is jpg/jpeg.
- Scanned photographs should be a minimum size of 40 KB and should not exceed 4 KB.
- Signature image in the format should be between 1 KB to 30 KB.
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm in length and 1.5 cm in height.
- Photograph dimension should be 3.5cm in length and 4.5cm in height.
- Payment of Application Fee
JEE Main application Form Fee can be paid in any of the following modes:
- Credit card/Debit card
- While proceeding, select the Credit card/Debit card option and follow the instructions that will appear on a screen.
- To pay the fees using e-challan mode, the bank should be selected from the drop-down menu.
- E-challan with all the details will be generated online.
- This e-challan should be printed and submitted to the nearest branch of the bank which was selected.
- After the payment is confirmed, the acknowledgment page will be available to download.
- Applicants should check the details for errors and mistakes and click on submit.
Details in JEE Main Form
Applicants are required to fill in their personal and academic details wherever required.
Applicants should keep the following details handy:
- X and XII-mark sheet
- Aadhaar card
Refer the table for details asked in JEE Main Form:
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Candidate’s Name||Enter name|
|Father’s Name||Enter Father’s Name as on class XII-mark sheet|
|Mother’s Name||Enter Mother’s Name as on class XII-mark sheet|
|State of Eligibility||Enter the State|
|Category||Fill in the category from the drop-down menu list|
|Date of Birth||Select Date, Month and Year from the drop-down menu|
|Gender||Select from the given options|
|Place of Residence||Enter the City as on the address|
|Aadhaar card number||Fill in as mentioned on the card|
|Year of Passing 10th||Select the year from the drop list|
|School Board of Class 12th||Select the Board from the given list|
|Other details such as Year, Percentage in Marks,
Type of Institution and Roll Number of Class 12th
|Details of Class 12th should be entered correctly|
|Guardian Details such a Qualification, Occupation
and Annual Income
|Select the details from drop down menu|
|Candidate’s Residential Address||Enter Address for further communication|
JEE Main Form Correction
Applicants who have successfully submitted their JEE Main Application Form could make corrections in their application from 9th January 2018 to 22nd January 2018.
The conducting board, CBSE has been released the Application correction window for the applicants who made some errors while filling the form.
- Correction is limited to particular sections only
- Details such as Academic details cannot be corrected.
Applicants should avoid typing errors and should keep the documents aside while filling the form.
Click here to know about the Application fee of the JEE Main 2018.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
CBSE have made Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI mandatory as a new eligibility criteria method for application. Without an Aadhaar card, Indian nationals (except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya) will not be able to apply online.
Yes, it is possible to select the mode of examination.
There is no compulsion on appearing for both Papers. Aspirants can appear for the paper of their choice but the application fee will not be refunded.
Select the year of passing of class 12th as 2015-2016 and enter the respective details. Select ‘appearing for improvement examination and select yes.
Karnataka. Applicants are required to fill in their state from where they have passed their class 12th. If the same applicant appears for improvement examination in New Delhi, the applicant should enter the state they have originally passed class the 12th examination.
1st January 2018.
CBSE already mentioned in their FAQs (Frequently asked questions) that it is not mandatory to upload a photographs with name and date of click. If you uploaded an image within incorrect format then you will receive message from CBSE and able to edit your images from remove discrepancies section.
No Candidates need not to submit two separate application form. Through a single application form you can apply for both and for paper I or paper II.
Don’t worry, you can apply for the aahdaar card as soon as possible. Once you applied then you will get an enrollment number and by the help of this number you can apply for JEE Main 2018.
Yes, It may cancel your candidature. You can go nearest aadhaar center and request for updation and can apply through the enrollment number which is genreated after successful aadhaar updation.
- For NIOS candidates their state eligibility from where they are appearing or appeared for board exam.
- For Improvement candidates from where they appeared for qualifying examination.
- Those who passed qualifying examination from abroad institution will be determined as per the permanent address.