This article includes :
- 1 JEE Main 2018 Eligibility:
- 2 JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- 3 Qualifying Exam:
- 4 Aadhaar Card Availability:
- 5 JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Aspirants who are seeking to admission into the top engineering colleges in India i.e. IIIT’s, NIT’s and CFT’s, should have the knowledge about Eligibility Criteria. So I am sharing this article all the brief details about the JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria. Every aspect which you don’t know about eligibility criteria are described below with easy way that you can get easily and know are you eligible or not for the JEE Main 2018?
So I am going to tell you all the aspects of age, educational qualification, year of passing, number of attempts, and other required information which is the need for the fulfillment of eligibility. As it is necessary from 2017 every student should fill their Aadhaar Card details into their application form.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility:
An aspirant who fulfills the below-given requirements will be eligible to appear for JEE Main 2018. So it is necessary to all the candidates that please go through the eligibility criteria either you keep these eligibility criteria or not.
- Date of Birth
- Subject needed for the Qualifying examination
- Percentile in the qualifying exam
- Number of attempts
Now I am going to discuss these above-mentioned topics with detailed information:
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Date of Birth:
- An aspirant who’s DOB on or after October 1993 eligible.
- Relaxation is also given with respect to the categories: An aspirant whose category is SC, ST and PwD will eligible to take 5 years of relaxation. They must be born on or after October 1988.
- It is informed to all the aspirants that the Date of Birth is considered as mentioned in their Higher Secondary Examination
- An aspirant who passed in 2017 or in 2017 can appear for JEE Main 2018.
- An Aspirant who is appearing in the qualifying examination in 2018 will also be eligible for the exam.
Subjects needed for the Qualifying Examination:
It is necessary to take 5 subjects in their qualifying examination for an aspirant.
For both exam these vary as per the exam:
- Anyone (Chemistry Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subjects)
- Any other Subject (like Physical Education)
- Mathematics (compulsory)
- Anyone of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject)
- Any other subject
Percentile in the qualifying exam:
- An Aspirant who is seeking to admission into IIIT’s, NIT’s and GFT’s must secured 75% in their senior secondary or came into top 20 percentile in their senior secondary which is conducted by the respective boards.
- For SC/ST aspirants the percentile should be 65% in the senior secondary examination.
Number of Attempts:
Aspirants can attempt 3 times in a consecutive year. The Same thing is also applied for JEE Advanced 2018.
An aspirant is eligible if they qualify in any of the following examination which are given below:
- Senior Secondary and equivalent Exam which is conducted by CBSE or any recognized boards.
- Who appearing the Senior Secondary.
- Have pursuing 2 years course (Joint Service Wing) From National Defense Academy.
- Have passed from NIOS.
- Aspirants who have the diploma in engineering or pursuing his technical diploma from the top university.
- Aspirants who want admission into IITs if they have General Certificate Education (GCE) exam at Advanced (A) level certificates.
- High School Certificate Examination by Cambridge University also for IITs.
Aadhaar Card Availability:
This is the important aspects which are important for JEE Main from 2017 because when an aspirant filling their application form then their aadhaar card is mandatory. Aspirants will provide their aadhaar number, name, DOB, and gender for the identification and authentication process. If an aspirants provide wrong details at the time of application form filling then their application form is rejected because of their all detailed matching at the time of examination.
So it is too necessary to all the aspirants that ensure the data you are providing must be correct.
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
An aspirant who passed their qualifying exam from a state and they applied for an improvement from another state that means aspirants must select their state where they originally passed their qualifying examination.
|Name of State/ UT||Code||Name of State/ UT||Code|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||01||Lakshadweep (UT)||19|
|Andhra Pradesh||02||Madhya Pradesh||20|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||08||Odisha||26|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||09||Puducherry (UT)||27|
|Jammu & Kashmir||15||Uttar Pradesh||33|
|Foreign/ OCI/ PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||98|
These all are important details about JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
Click here for the JEE Main 2018 Preparation tips.