JEE Main 2018 Counseling process is tentatively scheduled for start from second week of June. JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) manages the counselling and seat allocation process for both JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The official notification for the counselling will be published after the announcement of JEE Main Result.
The centralized counselling procedure will be conducted in online mode. Shortlisted candidates have to register on official site of JoSAA and provide choices for course and college from the available list in the order of their preference. JoSAA will allocate seats based on preferences provided by the candidates and availability of seats.
JEE Main is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) for B.E./B.Tech and B.Arch/B.plan courses offered by various government funded and private colleges. Candidates will be shortlisted for counselling only if they manage to meet JEE Main Cut Off score stipulated by the board. Read on to get all the details about JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment.
JEE Main 2018 Counselling Highlights
|Mode of Counselling||Online (Computer Based)|
|Conducting Authority||JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) and CSAB|
|Commencement of JoSAA Counselling||2nd Week of June, 2018|
|Participating Institutes||IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs|
|Total Number of Participating Institutes||97|
|Total Number of Seats on Offer||36268 (based on JoSAA 2017 Seat Matrix)|
|Number of Rounds||7 (expected)|
People Also Read About
Latest Application Form Available 2018
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is formed by representatives from JAB (Joint Admission Board) and CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board). JAB is responsible for framing guidelines and norms for seat allotment in IITs while CSAB fulfills the same role for NITs, IIITs, IIEST and other government-funded technical institutions (GFTI).
JoSAA holds the joint counselling and seat allotment session for all the participating institutes in JEE Main and JEE Advanced for easy management and avoid process repetition. JoSAA allocates seats based on seat matrix by the participating institutes.
Click here for JEE Main 2018 Result
JEE Main Counselling Schedule
The tentative schedule based on the last year schedule of JoSAA Counselling is provided below:
|Counseling Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Registration & Choices Filling||3rd week of June 2018|
|Last date for registration & Choices Filling||4th week of June 2018|
|Reconcile of data, allocate seats, verify & validate||Last week of June 2018|
|1st round seat allocation||Last week of June 2018|
|1st round seat acceptance||Last week of June to 1st week of July 2018|
|Display of seats availability||1st week of July 2018|
|2nd round seat allocation||1st week of July 2018|
|2nd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||1st week of July 2018|
|Display of seats availability||2nd week of July 2018|
|3rd round seat allocation||2nd week of July 2018|
|3rd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||2nd week of July 2018|
|Reporting to centre||2nd week of July 2018|
Candidates from SC/ST/PwD and OBC category are eligible to claim seat reservation as per government of India norms. The categories are listed here:
- OBC-NCL: Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer
- SC: Scheduled Caste
- ST: Scheduled Tribes
- PwD: Persons with Disability
Persons with Disability (PwD)with 40% or more disability benefit of reservation for admission to NITs/IIITs and CFTIs shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective central list published by the Govt of India. For admission to State Engineering colleges who have opted for admission through JEE(Main)-2018, the reservation rules of that state shall apply. The letter/e-mails/grievances/RTI cases/Court cases regarding reservation criteria will not be entertained by JEE (Main) Secretariat/ CBSE.
Top 20 Qualifying Percentile for IITs and NITs
The list for top 20 percentile for each state and other education boards will be published on the official site of JoSAA. Separate lists will be published for admission to IITs and for admission to other institutes such as NITs, etc. Candidates can find below the top 20 percentile for JoSAA 2017 and JoSAA 2016.
|Top 20 Percentile (State Wise)||JoSAA 2017||JoSAA 2016|
|For IITs and ISM||Click Here||Click Here|
|For NITs||Click Here||Refer to List Released for JoSSA 2017|
JEE Main 2018 Counseling Procedure
The 7 Rounds of Counseling process will be conducted by the JoSAA for B.E/B.tech and B.arch/B.plan courses which is offered by the government as well as by the private institutions including IITs, IIIts, NITs and CFTs.Here the overall counseling procedure with step by step guide:
Step: 1: Online Registration:
- Go to the official website https://jeemain.nic.in
- Enter the details required in the form like JEE Main 2018 Roll Number & Password.
- Click on the Login button.
- Carefully read all the instructions.
- Click then I Agree button.
- Then Registration form will appear in front of you.
- Start filling the details one by one.
- Tick on the Check box which is mentioned with Declaration Form.
- Click on Submit button.
- Review the filled information.
- Then click on Confirm Registration.
Step: 2: Online Choices Filling and Locking:
- Select the choices which are available in the opened window after confirm registration.
- Select Institute Type, Institute Name & Academic Programme.
- Click on the Choice Filling & Locking option.
- Select Colleges & Courses. Select maximum possible choices for allotment.
- Arrange filled choices in decreasing order of the preferences.
- If a JEE aspirants want to change the choices filled then click on Choice Interchange option.
- Click on the option Choice Rearrange.
- Arrange the colleges according to your preferences.
- Click on the Save button.
- If candidates want to delete their filled choices, click on the Multiple Deletion option.
- Lock the choices before the deadline by clicking on the option Lock Choice.
- Make choices carefully, choices one locked will not change.
- Choice locking will be made after each round of counselling.
- Candidates can mark upgraded choice in successive rounds of choice filling and locking process.
Step 3- Seat Allotment:
- Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- Candidates will get an Email/SMS regards to the seat allotment after a few days of choice lock.
- Download the seat allotment letter.
Step 4- Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance:
- Pay the acceptance fees to confirm the allotment of seats.
- Candidates have to deposit the fee via SBI Net Banking/e-Challan.
- Verify all the documents at any reporting center for provisional seat acceptance.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued on completion of the process.
Step 5- Reporting to Allocated Institution
- Candidates have to report to the allotted institution after the fee acceptance.
- Candidates have to report at the allotted college along with all the original documents and certificates.
- Candidates, those allotted a seat in NIT, IIIT, IIEST & other GFTI colleges have to report only at reporting center of these institutions.
- Candidates who have allotted seat in IIT & ISM have to report only at reporting center of IITs.
Other JEE Main Counseling Procedure:
Here we are listing some other important details about the Counseling procedure.
- If a candidate’s wants to leave their allotted seats then they must report at reporting center before the 6th round of counseling procedure.
- Once a candidate’s leave their seat, they will not treated for the next round counseling.
- Once the candidate’s leave their seat then their seat acceptance fee will be refunded to the candidates after the deduction of processing charge i.e. 1000Rs.
- A candidates who want to withdraw their seat, candidate need to fill their bank details with upload a cancellation cheque in JPG/JPEG format. Once you completed the process then take a printout for future purpose.
- It is advised to the candidate have to put their & their Parents signature in the withdrawal request letter & report to the reporting center.
Options for Freeze, Float, and Slide:
- Freeze: Those who accept the allotted seat & don’t want to sit in further counseling process.
- Float: Those who accept allotted seat & want to get admission in better colleges as they get in first round counseling, they will select float option.
- Slide: Those who accept the allotted seat and looking for better opportunity into the same institution for other option.
- If any candidates want to make changes from float to slide/free & slide, they have to report their allotted center for changes.
- If a candidate want to changes in the last round of seat allocation it is not allowed.
- Slide & float option only given to the candidates, who not offered admission to their first preferences.
Required Documents at counseling process:
Here we are listed all the required documents(with self-attested photocopies ) which needs to bring at counseling process to candidates.
- Three passport size photographs (uploaded during registration)
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Photo identity card
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2018 ScoreCard
- Date of birth Certificate (10th class mark sheet)
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate of PIO card (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment