This article includes :
- 1 JEE Advanced Preparation Tips
- 1.1 Sarvesh’s Preparation Strategy for JEE Advanced
- 1.2 Key factor behind Sarvesh’s outstanding performance in the JEE Advanced 2017
- 1.3 Is coaching necessary to crack JEE Advanced exam?
- 1.4 His dream IIT and engineering branch?
- 1.5 Sarvesh on use of social media platform like Facebook while preparing
- 1.6 Hobbies and interests?
- 1.7 Sarvesh Mehtani’s biggest role model in life?
- 1.8 About Sarvesh’s family
- 1.9 Sarvesh’s message for future JEE Advanced aspirants
Sarvesh Mehtani bagged All India Rand 1 in JEE Advanced 2017. Coming from a middle-class family where his father is income tax officer and mother a placement officer in Industrial Training Institute(ITI) Panchkula, Sarvesh wants to pursue Software Engineering from Indian Institute Technology, Bombay. The dream of studying in the elite institute IIT was something that motivated him to prepare well and get an ace in JEE Advanced 2017. In This article you will get complete JEE Advanced Preparation Tips by Sarvesh Mehtani (AIR 1).
Sarvesh believes that the keys to success are “hard work and sincere effort”. It was a ‘dream come true’ moment for Sarvesh Mehtani when he found that he left behind nearly 12 lac JEE aspirants to top JEE Advanced 2017 by securing 339 marks out of 366. He credits his incredible success to his systematic preparation strategy, hard work, parental support and mentor guidance.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
JEE Advanced Preparation Tips
During his preparation, Sarvesh broke his monotonous study routine by playing Badminton and reading novels.
Here are some of the preparation tips and strategy that have been given by Sarvesh Mehtani during his interview with different newspapers and websites.
Sarvesh’s Preparation Strategy for JEE Advanced
- Believe in self-study and developing firm command over concepts for all the subjects. Do in-depth study of prescribed syllabus so that you could hold over fundamentals of each topic. NCERT textbooks are reliable for understanding preliminary concepts.
- Focus on taking mock tests and solving test papers to evaluate his performance along with regular revision. With each mock test, plan a strategy about your weaknesses and accordingly I planned my preparation strategy. On an average, spend 7 to 8 hours every day for studying along with school and coaching.
- Try to do target-based studies and if you feel that you are falling behind, stretch the study hours to 9 to 10 hours.
- Few days before the exam, focus more on revision and mock test in order to develop temperament for performing well in the exam
- In brief, according to Sarvesh JEE advanced preparation should be very disciplined and requires a lot of hard work, revision, mock test and routine study. At last, Do not lose the momentum of scoring high till the exam day.
Key factor behind Sarvesh’s outstanding performance in the JEE Advanced 2017
- According to Sarvesh, his constant endeavour to improve his performance based on the feedback from his mentors and peers was one of the biggest factors behind his success.
- According to him, NCERT textbooks for Class XI and XII and modules provided by his coaching institute were sufficient for his preparation. He did not consult any advanced level books.
- His mentors and guides at the coaching institute helped him in developing concept clarity. They also clarified all the doubts and taught him how to avoid errors. All this really helped him improve his performance. Also, routine tests at coaching centre made it easier to assess his performance.
Is coaching necessary to crack JEE Advanced exam?
JEE Main and JEE Advanced are counted among the toughest exams in India and to crack them one needs the right guidance and study materials. I feel coaching is necessary because it provides a better understanding of the exam and its changing pattern. They guide you through what to study, what not to study and how to study. They also create a competitive spirit amongst candidates which finally improves their performance.
His dream IIT and engineering branch?
He is planning to take admission in IIT Bombay in Computer Science Engineering.
Sarvesh did not use Facebook or any other social media platforms while preparing for JEE Advanced 2017.
Hobbies and interests?
Sarvesh Mehtani loves playing badminton. He even played it regularly during the exam preparation phase. His hobbies also include reading novels.
Sarvesh Mehtani’s biggest role model in life?
Narayana Murthy, the co-founder of Infosys and an Indian IT industrialist is his role model. He regularly read his articles and columns which kept me motivated towards my ambition.
About Sarvesh’s family
- Sarvesh’s family consists of his parents and elder sister. His father is an officer in income tax department and mother is a placement officer in Industrial Training Institute(ITI) Panchkula. His elder sister is pursuing engineering.
- His family members were very supportive and motivated me throughout the preparation phase. There was no pressure from Sarvesh’s parents for high score or rank. They talked to him about his preparation and challenges and guided wherever needed.
Sarvesh’s message for future JEE Advanced aspirants
“Sarvesh’s message for the aspirants is to do hard work as it is the only key to success. “I would advise that candidates must cover the entire syllabus as each and every topic is important for the exam”. Also, aspirants must have command over topics and concepts. At the time of preparation, candidates must do regular revision and take mock tests to evaluate their performance and strategize their preparation accordingly.”