BITSAT counseling for admission and seat allocation is conducted by BITS Pilani for candidates who qualify the entrance test of the same name. BITSAT is an online eligibility test for admissions to the Integrated Programs of BITS at its different campuses (Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad). In this article, we discuss the various aspects of BITSAT Counseling for a clear understanding of the processes involved.
- The counseling process is initiated by BITS Pilani after the results of the entrance exam is declared.
- BITSAT Counseling is an online process.
- Several rounds of Counseling are conducted to fill the seats at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses.
- At BITS, each round of counseling and seat allocation is termed Iteration. Post each Iteration two lists will be released by BITS Pilani – Admit List and WaitList.
- BITSAT qualified candidates need to pay the counseling fees, fill the counseling application form specifying marks secured in 10+2 exam and program preferences in order to be able to appear in the counseling process.
- BITS allows Central/State Board Toppers of the qualifying examination held in the current academic year, direct admission to their preferred program.
BITSAT Counseling: Eligibility
The criteria that candidates need to satisfy in order to be considered eligible to appear for BITSAT Counseling are listed as follows:
- Candidates should have completed 10+2 examination from a recognized Board with a minimum aggregate score of 65%, having studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) along with English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates seeking admission into the B. Pharm program should have completed 10+2 examination from a recognized Board with a minimum aggregate score of 65%, having studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) along with English as a compulsory subject.
- In case a candidate has taken multiple attempts in completing 10+2 or equivalent, only the performance in the latest attempt will be considered for admission purpose, provided the same has been for the complete subjects as prescribed by BITS.
- Please note that State or Central Board toppers in 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum aggregate score of 75% and at least 60% in each of either PCM or PCB in class 12 are eligible for direct admission into the program of their choice through BITSAT
BITSAT Counseling: Cut Off Scores
It is mandatory for the candidates to qualify the cut off scores in order to be considered eligible for counseling. The following table displays the cut-off scores of 2017 academic year for each program at their respective campuses. Aspirants can draw an idea about the level of cut-off for admission to their preferred program based on such retrospective data.
|B.E.||Electrical & Electronics||355||320||310|
|B.E.||Electronics & Instrumentation||332||301||298|
|B.E.||Electronics and Communication||322||320|
BITSAT Counseling: Application Process
BITSAT qualified candidates are required to fill the application form online within the deadline, in order to appear for the counseling process. The steps involved in the application process are listed thus:
- Visit the official website http://www.bitsadmission.com
- Click the tab ‘Counseling Application Form’
- Fill the required details like BITSAT application form number along with other personal details
- Fill details of 10+2 or equivalent examination results.
- Select programs and campuses of choice in order of preference.
- Carefully check details entered before submitting the form. Please note that there is no option of editing the form once the same is submitted.
- Download, save and print the filled-in form and send a copy of the same to BITS along with attested photocopies of Class 10th and 12th mark sheets.
Candidates who submit their 10+2 or equivalent examination’s marks after the initial submission of the counseling application form needs to:
Download and print BITSAT admission form from the official website, fill the same with all relevant details, label the form thus “Original Form submitted. Class XII marks being submitted now.” and send to BITS. There will be no additional charges for downloading and printing the form.
BITSAT Counseling: The process
Candidates fill the application form online complete with qualifying exam details and program preferences as well as submit a hard copy of the same to BITS along with attested academic certificates.
- BITSAT Counseling process comprises of two steps: verification of documents submitted by candidates and allocation of seats on the basis of candidates’ merit ranking as well as program/campus preference.
- The factors that influence the decision regarding seat allocation are Number of available seats in campuses
- Number of seats available in respective programs and campuses
- Board Topper Status
- BITSAT merit ranking
- Marks scored in qualifying examination
- Reservation Criteria
- Number of seats lying vacant after each round of Iteration.
- Withdrawals and non-reporting
- Lists of candidates offered admission as well as waitlisted candidates are released by BITS soon after each round of counseling session.
- Candidates who are allocated seats, need to pay the admission fee and complete the necessary formalities at the allotted campus to complete the admission process.
- Wait-listed candidates for 1st Iteration is considered for seat allocation in subsequent rounds of Iteration until all the seats at all the campuses are filled.
People Also Check:
BITSAT Counseling: Annual Intake
The annual intake of each Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses is tabulated here:
|Campus||Number of Seat||Courses|
|BITS Pilani||800||B.E. in Chemical/Civil/Mechanical/Manufacturing/Computer Science/Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Instrumentation; M.Sc. in Chemistry/Economics/Biological Sciences/Mathematics;
M.Sc. (Tech.) in Finance/Information Systems/General Studies;
|BITS Goa||600||B.E. in Computer Science/Chemical/Electrical and Electronics/Mechanical/Electronics & Instrumentation;
M.Sc. in Economics/Biological Sciences/Chemistry/Math/Physics;
M.Sc. (Tech.) in Information Systems
|BITS Hyderabad||600||B.E. in Civil/Chemical/Electronics & Communication/Computer Science/Electrical and Electronics/Mechanical;
M.Sc. in Chemistry/Biological Sciences/Math, Economics/Physics;
M.Sc. (Tech.) in Information Systems;
BITSAT Counseling: Documentation
Candidates need to present the following documents at the time of counseling for verification:
• All academic Mark Sheet and Certificates
• Category certificate (if required)
• BITSAT Score Card
• Recent Passport-Size Colored Photograph
• Residence Proof
• Photo ID Proof
The BITS officials would check the self-attested photocopies of the above-mentioned documents with the original ones at the time of counseling.