This article includes :
Candidates who are seeking admission to the undergraduate programs offered by IIT (ISM) Dhanbad. JEE Main 2018 will be conducted in online mode only. JEE Main Application Form will be available on the official website jeemain.nic.in.
Here are few key points about JEE Mains Form:
- JEE Main will be conducted by CBSE.
- JEE Main is for aspirants seeking admission to BE or B. Tech courses in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other engineering colleges.
- The academic eligibility of the aspirants for appearing in JEE Main 2018 should be at least 45% marks in five subjects for 12th class.
- Age eligibility is that aspirant’s date of birth should be on or after October 1, 1993.
- Five years of relaxation will be considered for SC/ST/PwD category aspirants.
- JEE Main category aspirant’s date of birth should be on or after October 1, 1988.
- JEE Main Application Form Registration Process includes three steps:
- Filling in details
- Uploading scanned images
- Payment of fee
Once JEE Mains Form is submitted it is meant for candidate’s reference. It should not be sent to the authority via post. In order to appear for the exam, aspirants should check if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
JEE Main Application Form Important Dates
JEE Main 2018 will be conducted in 104 cities across India and 9 International cities. Joint Entrance Exam Main 2018 will be conducted in April 2018. Aspirants can refer to the table below for more information.
|JEE Main application form 2018 will be available from||First week of November 2017|
|Last date to fill JEE Main form||First week of December 2017|
|Last Date to remit JEE Main form fee||January 2018|
|JEE Main Admit Card 2018 will be issued on||March 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Offline (Pen and Paper based) exam is scheduled for||April 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Online (CBT) exam is scheduled for||April 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility
The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main is 12th pass or equivalent with minimum 45% marks in each of the five subjects. If the aspirants belonging to reserved category, the minimum marks required are 40% marks in each subject. The other mandatory requirements for appearing JEE Main 2018 are below:
- JEE Main aspirants must have passed class 12 exams in 2017 or 2016. Those who are appearing for class 12 exam in 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- You can attempt JEE Main is thrice.
- The age eligibility for application is that the candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1992.
- A relaxation of 5 years is given to reserved category aspirants.
- For BE/B.Tech, a combination of Physics and Mathematics with any of the subjects such as Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology is mandatory.
- For B.Arch./Planning, a combination of total 5 subjects including Mathematics with 50% marks.
- JEE Main aspirants with Indian citizenship should possess UIDAI issued Aadhaar card.
- Applicants from Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam are required to enter any one of the following:
- Ration card number
- Bank account number
- Passport number
- Any other Government Identity number
- Applicants who are seeking admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs should have the minimum of 75% marks in class 12th.
- For reserved category, 65% in class 12th is the minimum requirement.
International Applicants should have a valid foreign passport with permits granted for educational purpose. A valid student Visa is also accepted.
Applicants should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam by recognized University.
How to Fill JEE Application Main Form
JEE Main application Form can be processed in online mode only. Here are the steps to successfully apply for the test:
- Visit the official JEE Main website
- Click on the link “Apply for JEE Main 2018”
- Registration page will appear
- Registration and Login
- A valid email ID, mobile number, and Aadhaar card should be kept handy.
- All the details should be filled to complete JEE Main Registration.
- Easy to remember yet secure password should be entered along with a security question and answer.
- After successful registration, an application number will be generated.
- Applicants can then log in using the application number and password.
- Applicants should fill in all the valid details.
- Details such as Nationality, Aadhaar card number, and Date of birth should be entered.
- Enter personal details such as Postal address, Guardians details, Phone number.
- Fill in the Academic details such as Percentage, College, Board and CGPA.
- Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Candidates are required to upload their recent color photograph, Thumb print and signature to proceed.
There are specific requirements to upload them which are listed below:
- The format required for photograph, thumb print and signature is jpg/jpeg.
- Scanned photographs should be minimum size of 40 KB and should not exceed 4 KB.
- The thumb impression image size should be minimum of 1 KB and maximum of 30 KB.
- Signature image in the format should be between 1 KB to 30 KB.
- Dimension of signature image and thumb impression should be 3.5 cm in length and 1.5 cm in height.
- Photograph dimension should be 3.5cm in length and 4.5cm in height.
- Payment of Application Fee
JEE Main application Form Fee can be paid in any of the following modes:
- Credit card/Debit card
- While proceeding, select the Credit card/Debit card option and follow the instructions that will appear on a screen.
- To pay the fees using e-challan mode, the bank should be selected from the drop-down menu.
- E-challan with all the details will be generated online.
- This e-challan should be printed and submitted at the nearest branch of the bank which was selected.
- After the payment is confirmed, the acknowledgment page will be available to download.
- Applicants should check the details for errors and mistakes and click on submit.
Details in JEE Main Form
Applicants are required to fill in their personal and academic details wherever required.
Applicants should keep the following details handy:
- X and XII-mark sheet
- Aadhaar card
Refer the table for details asked in JEE Main Form:
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Candidate’s Name||Enter name|
|Father’s Name||Enter Father’s Name as on class XII-mark sheet|
|Mother’s Name||Enter Mother’s Name as on class XII-mark sheet|
|State of Eligibility||Enter the State|
|Category||Fill in the category from the drop-down menu list|
|Date of Birth||Select Date, Month and Year from the drop-down menu|
|Gender||Select from the given options|
|Place of Residence||Enter the City as on the address|
|Aadhaar card number||Fill in as mentioned on the card|
|Year of Passing 10th||Select the year from the drop list|
|School Board of Class 12th||Select the Board from the given list|
|Other details such as Year, Percentage in Marks,
Type of Institution and Roll Number of Class 12th
|Details of Class 12th should be entered correctly|
|Guardian Details such a Qualification, Occupation
and Annual Income
|Select the details from drop down menu|
|Candidate’s Residential Address||Enter Address for further communication|
JEE Main Form Correction
Applicants who have successfully submitted their JEE Main Application Form can make corrections in their application in January 2018.
The conducting board, CBSE will release the Application correction for the applicants who made some errors while filling the form.
- Correction is limited to particular sections only
- Details such as Academic details cannot be corrected.
Applicants should avoid typing errors and should keep the documents aside while filling the form.
1- Is Aadhaar card mandatory for JEE Main Application Form?
CBSE have made Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI mandatory as a new eligibility criteria method for application. Without an Aadhaar card, Indian nationals (except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya) will not be able to apply online
2- I want to appear for JEE Main 2018 in offline mode. Is it possible?
Yes, it is possible to select the mode of examination.
3- I have applied for Paper I and Paper II but I want to appear only for Paper I. Is it possible to appear for only one paper?
There is no compulsion on appearing for both Papers. Aspirants can appear for the paper of their choice but the application fee will not be refunded.
4- My son has passed his class 12th in 2015-2016 and has appeared for improvement in class 12th exam held February 2017, what details should be filled in class 12th section?
Select the year of passing of class 12th as 2015-2016 and enter the respective details. Select ‘appearing for improvement examination and select yes.
5- I am residing in New Delhi but I have passed my class 12th from Bangalore. Which state should I enter in State of Eligibility while filling the form?
Karnataka. Applicants are required to fill in their state from where they have passed their class 12th. If the same applicant appears for improvement examination in New Delhi, the applicant should enter the state they have originally passed class the 12th examination.