This article includes :
- 1 Latest Application Form Available 2018
- 2 JEE Main 2018 Counseling:
- 3 JEE Main Counselling:
- 4 Counseling Date Schedule:
- 5 Seats Reservation:
- 6 JEE Main 2018 Counseling Procedure:
- 7 Other JEE Main Counseling Procedure:
- 8 Required Documents at counseling process:
JEE Main Counseling process will be began from June 2018(Expected). Yet there is no official notification for the JEE Main Counseling. It is the top level engineering entrance exam for undergraduate courses. Joint entrance examination (JEE Main) is conducted by central board of secondary education (CBSE) for B.E./B.tech and B.arch/B.plan courses which is offered by the various government and private colleges. JoSAA will be the authority for the counseling procedure. In this article you will get all the important information about JEE Main 2018 Counseling.
Latest Application Form Available 2018
- Apply Online for B.Tech from Manipal University. Click Here
- Admission Open for Chandigarh University. Click Here
- B.Tech Admission Open for Alliance University. Click Here
- B.Tech Admission Open for Bennett University. Click Here
- Apply Online for B.Tech from UPES. Click Here
- Apply Online for B.Tech from MIT Pune. Click Here
JEE Main 2018 Counseling:
JoSAA(Joint seat allocation authority) will organised the counseling procedure. The counseling procedure will be through online mode. It is expected that the JEE Main 2018 Counseling process will be begin from the third week of June 2018. A candidates who clear the minimum JEE Main 2018 cut off (released by the CBSE) will be eligible for counseling procedure for seat allocation in all the participating colleges (Except IITs & ISM). If any seat will be vacant after the counseling process then CSAB will organise special counseling for those vacant seats.
JEE Main Counselling:
The counselling procedure will be conducted by the JoSAA for the participating 97 institutions across all over India including IIITs, ISM, IITs, NITs, NSITs and other centrally funded institutions. The process will start once CBSE declare the JEE Main 2018 Result & JEE Advanced 2018 Result. The JoSAA will be organised total 7 rounds for JEE Main 2018 Counseling. The whole counseling process will keep under the guidance of Joint Seat Allocation Board.
Click here for JEE Main 2018 Result
Counseling Date Schedule:
Here we are sharing some tentative schedule for Counseling process.
|Counseling Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Registration & Choices Filling||3rd week of June 2018|
|Last date for registration & Choices Filling||4th week of June 2018|
|Reconcile of data, allocate seats, verify & validate||Last week of June 2018|
|1st round seat allocation||Last week of June 2018|
|1st round seat acceptance||Last week of June to 1st week of July 2018|
|Display of seats availability||1st week of July 2018|
|2nd round seat allocation||1st week of July 2018|
|2nd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||1st week of July 2018|
|Display of seats availability||2nd week of July 2018|
|3rd round seat allocation||2nd week of July 2018|
|3rd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||2nd week of July 2018|
|Reporting to centre||2nd week of July 2018|
A candidate who belongs from the SC/ST/PwD and OBC category as per government of India Rules they will eligible for some reservation quota. The categories are listed here:
- OBC-NCL: Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer
- SC: Schedule Cast
- ST: Schedules Tribes
- PwD: Persons with Disability
Persons with Disability (PwD)with 40% or more disability benefit of reservation for admission to NITs/IIITs and CFTIs shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective central list published by the Govt of India. For admission to State Engineering colleges who have opted for admission through JEE(Main)-2018, the reservation rules of that state shall apply. The letter/e-mails/grievances/RTI cases/Court cases regarding reservation criteria will not be entertained by JEE (Main) Secretariat/ CBSE.
JEE Main 2018 Counseling Procedure:
The 7 Rounds of Counseling process will be conducted by the JoSAA for B.E/B.tech and B.arch/B.plan courses which is offered by the government as well as by the private institutions including IITs, IIIts, NITs and CFTs.Here the overall counseling procedure with step by step guide:
Step: 1: Online Registration:
- Go to the official website https://jeemain.nic.in
- Enter the details required in the form like JEE Main 2018 Roll Number & Password.
- Click on the Login button.
- Carefully read all the instructions.
- Click then I Agree button.
- Then Registration form will appear in front of you.
- Start filling the details one by one.
- Tick on the Check box which is mentioned with Declaration Form.
- Click on Submit button.
- Review the filled information.
- Then click on Confirm Registration.
Step: 2: Online Choices Filling and Locking:
- Select the choices which are available in the opened window after confirm registration.
- Select Institute Type, Institute Name & Academic Programme.
- Click on the Choice Filling & Locking option.
- Select Colleges & Courses. Select maximum possible choices for allotment.
- Arrange filled choices in decreasing order of the preferences.
- If a JEE aspirants want to change the choices filled then click on Choice Interchange option.
- Click on the option Choice Rearrange.
- Arrange the colleges according to your preferences.
- Click on the Save button.
- If candidates want to delete their filled choices, click on the Multiple Deletion option.
- Lock the choices before the deadline by clicking on the option Lock Choice.
- Make choices carefully, choices one locked will not change.
- Choice locking will be made after each round of counselling.
- Candidates can mark upgraded choice in successive rounds of choice filling and locking process.
Step 3- Seat Allotment:
- Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- Candidates will get an Email/SMS regards to the seat allotment after a few days of choice lock.
- Download the seat allotment letter.
Step 4- Fee Payment & Seat Acceptance:
- Pay the acceptance fees to confirm the allotment of seats.
- Candidates have to deposit the fee via SBI Net Banking/e-Challan.
- Verify all the documents at any reporting center for provisional seat acceptance.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued on completion of the process.
Step 5- Reporting to Allocated Institution
- Candidates have to report to the allotted institution after the fee acceptance.
- Candidates have to report at the allotted college along with all the original documents and certificates.
- Candidates, those allotted a seat in NIT, IIIT, IIEST & other GFTI colleges have to report only at reporting center of these institutions.
- Candidates who have allotted seat in IIT & ISM have to report only at reporting center of IITs.
Other JEE Main Counseling Procedure:
Here we are listing some other important details about the Counseling procedure.
- If a candidate’s wants to leave their allotted seats then they must report at reporting center before the 6th round of counseling procedure.
- Once a candidate’s leave their seat, they will not treated for the next round counseling.
- Once the candidate’s leave their seat then their seat acceptance fee will be refunded to the candidates after the deduction of processing charge i.e. 1000Rs.
- A candidates who want to withdraw their seat, candidate need to fill their bank details with upload a cancellation cheque in JPG/JPEG format. Once you completed the process then take a printout for future purpose.
- It is advised to the candidate have to put their & their Parents signature in the withdrawal request letter & report to the reporting center.
Options for Freeze, Float, and Slide:
- Freeze: Those who accept the allotted seat & don’t want to sit in further counseling process.
- Float: Those who accept allotted seat & want to get admission in better colleges as they get in first round counseling, they will select float option.
- Slide: Those who accept the allotted seat and looking for better opportunity into the same institution for other option.
- If any candidates want to make changes from float to slide/free & slide, they have to report their allotted center for changes.
- If a candidates want to changes in the last round of seat allocation it is not allowed.
- Slide & float option only given to the candidates, who not offered admission to their first preferences.
Required Documents at counseling process:
Here we are listed all the required documents(with self-attested photocopies ) which needs to bring at counseling process to candidates.
- Three passport size photographs (uploaded during registration)
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Photo identity card
- JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2018 ScoreCard
- Date of birth Certificate (10th class mark sheet)
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate of PIO card (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment