This article includes :
- 1 Changes introduced this year:
- 2 JEE advance important dates
- 3 JEE Advanced 2018 Registration
- 4 Application Fee
- 5 Following are the fee details
- 6 Eligibility
- 7 JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern
- 8 Syllabus
- 9 AAT Exam:
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
- 12 Related
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility criteria officially released by IIT Kanpur. IIT Kanpur will conduct JEE Advanced 2018 exam on 20th May 2018. In this year IIT Kanpur organizes this exam in online mode. JEE Advanced will conduct to admit various JEE aspirants into undergraduate, Integrated UG and other dual degree UG courses. These courses offered various stream to up-comers i.e. Engineering, Architecture, Sciences or Pharmaceutics. JEE Advance is the second stage of the JEE.
More 4000 JEE Aspirants are eligible for appearing JEE Advanced 2018 from next year.
Changes introduced this year:
Every year some changes introduced in JEE Main and advanced exam, some new changes introduced for next year i.e.:
- The exam will conduct online mode from next year.
- Top 2, 24,000 rank holders will be eligible to appear for JEE advanced 2018.
JEE advance important dates
The expected important dates about JEE advanced 2018 are given as follows:
|Online Registration Starts||4th week of April 2018|
|Online Registration Closes||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of May 2018|
|JEE Advanced (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||20th May 2018
Paper 1: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Paper 2: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
|Online display of ORS and scanned responses||Last week of May 2018|
|Answer Key Released||1st week of June 2018|
|Receiving feedback from candidates on answer keys||1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date||2nd week of June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam Date||2nd week of June 2018|
|AAT Result Declaration Date||3rd week of June 2018|
|Seat Allotment Starts||3rd week of June 2018|
JEE Advanced 2018 Registration
- Candidate can register on the official site which is launched by IIT Kanpur i.e. https://www.jeeadv.ac.in/
- The registration process will be started from last week of April 2018.
- The only online mode is available for registration.
- This is the first time when this exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Once a candidate fills their application form, then there will not any correction window, so try not to do mistake when you will fill the registration form. Read instructions carefully before starts filling the registration form.
- Take a printout of your application form for acknowledgment purpose.
There is two option provided by the conducting body for submission of fee i.e. online or offline. You can submit the fee by debit/credit card & net banking or through SBI challan mode.
Following are the fee details
|Examination Centres in India|
|Female candidates||Rs. 1200|
|ST/SC/PwD candidates||Rs. 1200|
|All other candidates||Rs. 2400|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|Exam Centres Outside India|
|All candidates||USD 135 (SAARC Countries)|
|All candidates||USD 270 (Non-SAARC Countries)|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
Before starts, registration checks your eligibility for this exam. Whether you are eligible or not? Once you fulfill all the criteria which are decided by IIT Kanpur then go to registration process once you filled the application and you will not be satisfying the criteria your application will be rejected.
- You must have Indian citizenship.
- PIO/OCI aspirants are also eligible.
- An aspirant who will be secured his ranks under top 2, 24,000. These ranks include all categories.
- Aspirants born on or after 1st October 1992.
- 5-year relaxation will be provided to SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Aspirants who are appearing for 12th examination or who already passed the qualifying examination are eligible.
- Aspirants must be secured 75% marks in 12th or 65% for SC/ST/PwD Category.
- Aspirants should be in top 20%in their respective board exam.
Number of attempts
- JEE Aspirants can appear for JEE Advanced two time in a consecutive year.
- A Candidate who already applied the first time can also apply for the JEE advanced 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern
The conducting board declared the exam date previously i.e. 20th May 2018. It will be organized in online mode i.e. computer based. It consists two paper (I & II). Exam will be conducted in English and Hindi Language. 3 hours’ time duration will be given to both exams. The exam will be in multiple choice question. It also consists three subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
AAT 2018 (Architectural Aptitude Test)
Those who want to take admission into B. arch courses will appear for AAT Exam. Only those are eligible for this exam those who will clear JEE Advanced 2018. If an aspirant will clear the exam and want to take admission into this course can apply for this exam through register online mode. Three hours’ time duration will be given for this exam.
It consists of three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics). Those who want to take admission into the architecture courses will go through the architecture syllabus also.
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Freehand drawing
- Geometrical Drawing
- Three-dimensional perception
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
- Architectural awareness
Q- How is JEE Advanced Cut-Off calculated?
Ans- The cut-off score for JEE Advanced is calculated based on numerous factors such as:
- Number of Candidates giving exam
- Last year’s cut off
- Difficulty level of Exam
- Joint Admission Board norms and rules
- Available seats and colleges to be allotted
- The number of candidates qualifying the test.
- IIT Kanpur releases the rank list for JEE advanced and the cut off is out in the month of June. You will be able to check your by logging into the result portal
Q- What is the expected date for JEE Advanced Result?
And- After providing your JEE Advanced registration number and Date of Birth you can check your results easily. Expected date for JEE Advanced result is 10-12 June 2018.
For the result of individual subjects, you can check by providing your name, roll number and Application number of JEE Advanced 2018.
Q- What is next after JEE Advanced?
Ans- JEE Advanced may be the last exam to be given but is not the least. There is a long process to a final admission that follows after it. Joint Admission Board announces the dates for counseling and the seat allotment process for the final selection of the candidates to colleges.
You first need to separately register for the counseling process through the official website of JEE Advanced.
Then after Entering your Roll Number, Registration Number; Date of Birth, Password and confirm the password.
You will receive a system generated user ID and password. After you Fill your choices and preferences accordingly through your system generate new ID and Password. You must not forget to lock your choices before the last date.
Online seat allotment process begins and you need to have the soft copy of their category certificates.
In order to Freeze the allotted seat, you will have to pay the requisite amount of fee online. To book the allotted year for the academic year you must report the allotted institution.
Documents verification is the process in which the candidates need to provide the required documents and certificates for physical verification. Following are the documents required-
- JEE Advanced 2018 Seat Allotment letter from JoSAA portal
- JEE Advanced 2018Original Admit card
- JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form (duly filled)
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report
- Proof of Date of Birth: Class X/HSC/Birth Certificate/Any other certificate as proof of date of birth
- Class XII/SSC/Equivalent exam Mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PWD/DS) issued by the competent authority
- For foreign nationals: Attested photocopy of the page in the passport containing name, photo, and nationality