Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced) is a computer based entrance test conducted by Joint Admission Board in the month of May. If you who have passed class XII and have secured a place among the top 2 Lac rank holders of JEE Main, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018: Defined in a Simple Manner!!
JEE Advanced includes 2 papers conducted consecutively by the authorities Paper-1 and Paper-2. Both are conducted on the same day with a time interval of 2 hours between the two. Multiple choice objective type questions are asked from subjects that are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Results are announced in the month of June by the officials.
After the announcement of results, you have to go through a process of seat allotment and final selection which includes counselling, Choice filling of seats, Fee payment, and Document verification.
Q- When is JEE Advanced held?
Ans- It will be conducted in the 3rd week of May 2018. Application forms will be available from the last week of April and the deadline for submission will be in the 1st week of May. The process is followed by online uploading of answer key and feedback on answer key in the 1st week of June. The most awaited process by the candidates of Seat allotment will be held in the 3rd week of June 2018.
Q- Who all can appear in JEE Advanced?
Ans- It is important to abide by the eligibility and qualification criteria to consider oneself to for the exam. Eligibility criteria are also given by Joint Admission Board.
You have to qualify JEE Main 2018 and be among the top 2, 20,000 JEE Main qualifiers. If in case you belong to general category, you must be born on or after October 1st, 2018 1993. While candidates belonging to ST/SC/PWD categories will get 5-year relaxation.
All those who have already been admitted to IIT’s or IIM’s will not be allowed to sit for JEE advanced examination.
Q- What will be the JEE Advanced exam pattern?
Ans- All the eligible candidates have to appear in 2 papers i.e. Paper-1 and Paper-2. Both the exams are held on the same day with the timings for 1st exam being 9 am to 12 pm and for the 2nd exam is 2 pm to 5 pm. Questions asked will revolve around topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and both the exams will have negative marking for every wrong answer.
Detailed exam pattern for JEE advanced is as follows-
The Question paper is divided into different sections.
- Each section will have questions from different subjects
- Objective type i.e. multiple-choice questions are asked in the paper.
- Numerical answer type questions are asked to test a candidate’s comprehension, reasoning, and analytical ability.
Q- How is JEE Advanced Cut-Off calculated?
Ans- The cut-off score for JEE Advanced is calculated based on numerous factors such as:
- Number of Candidates giving exam
- Last year’s cut off
- Difficulty level of Exam
- Joint Admission Board norms and rules
- Available seats and colleges to be allotted
- Number of candidates qualifying the test.
- IIT Kanpur releases the rank list for JEE advanced and the cut off is out in the month of June. You will be able to check your by logging into the result portal
Q- What is the expected date for JEE Advanced Result?
And- After providing your JEE Advanced registration number and Date of Birth you can check your results easily. Expected date for JEE Advanced result is 10-12 June, 2018.
For result of individual subjects, you can check by providing your name, roll number and Application number of JEE Advanced 2018.
Q- What is next after JEE Advanced?
Ans- JEE Advanced may be the last exam to be given but is not the least. There is a long process to a final admission that follows after it. Joint Admission Board announces the dates for counselling and the seat allotment process for the final selection of the candidates to colleges.
You first need to separately register for the counselling process through the official website of JEE Advanced.
Then after Entering your Roll Number, Registration Number; Date of Birth, Password and confirming the password.
You will receive system generated user ID and password. After you Fill your choices and preferences accordingly through your system generate new ID and Password. You must not forget to lock your choices before the last date.
Online seat allotment process begins and you need to have the soft copy of their category certificates.
In order to Freeze the allotted seat, you will have to pay the requisite amount of fee online. To book the allotted year for the academic year you must report the allotted institution.
Documents verification is the process in which the candidates need to provide the required documents and certificates for physical verification. Following are the documents required-
- JEE Advanced 2018 Seat Allotment letter from JoSAA portal
- JEE Advanced 2018Original Admit card
- JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form (duly filled)
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report
- Proof of Date of Birth: Class X/HSC/Birth Certificate/Any other certificate as proof of date of birth
- Class XII/SSC/Equivalent exam Mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PWD/DS) issued by the competent authority
- For foreign nationals: Attested photocopy of the page in the passport containing name, photo, and nationality