This article includes :
- 1 Changes introduced for 2018:
- 2 JEE Advance Important Dates
- 3 JEE Advanced 2018 Registration
- 4 Application Fee
- 5 Following are the fee details:
- 6 Eligibility
- 7 JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern
- 8 Syllabus
- 9 AAT Exam:
- 10 How to prepare for JEE Advanced 2018?
- 11 JEE Advanced Admit card
- 12 Answer Keys
- 13 JEE Advanced Result
- 14 JEE Advanced Rank List
- 15 JoSAA Counselling
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions
JEE Advanced 2018 Mock test was released on 20th December 2017. IIT Kanpur will conduct JEE Advanced 2018 exam on 20th May 2018. IIT Kanpur will conduct this exam in online mode this year. JEE Advanced is conducted to admit various JEE aspirants into undergraduate, integrated UG and other dual degree UG courses. These courses offer various streams to up-comers i.e. Engineering, Architecture, Sciences or Pharmaceutics. JEE Advance is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination.
“More 4000 JEE Aspirants will be eligible for appearing JEE Advanced 2018 from next year.”
From 2018, JEE Advanced will be conducted only in online mode (i.e. Computer based).
Changes introduced for 2018:
Every year some changes are introduced in JEE Main and Advance exam. Some new changes introduced for the next year are:
- The exam will be held in online mode only.
- Top 2,24,000 rank holders of JEE Main 2018 will be eligible to appear for JEE advanced 2018.
Click here to download JEE Advanced Poster
JEE Advance Important Dates
The expected important dates regarding JEE Advanced 2018 are given as follows:
|Online Registration Starts||4th week of April 2018|
|Online Registration Closes||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of May 2018|
|JEE Advanced (Paper 1 & Paper 2)||20th May 2018
Paper 1: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Paper 2: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
|Online display of ORS and scanned responses||Last week of May 2018|
|Answer Key Released||1st week of June 2018|
|Receiving feedback from candidates on answer keys||1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date||2nd week of June 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam Date||2nd week of June 2018|
|AAT Result Declaration Date||3rd week of June 2018|
|Seat Allotment Starts||3rd week of June 2018|
JEE Advanced 2018 Registration
- Candidate can register on the official site which is launched by IIT Kanpur i.e. https://www.jeeadv.ac.in/
- The registration process will be started from last week of April 2018.
- Only online mode is available for registration.
- This is the first time when this exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Once a candidate fills his/her application form, there will not be any correction window. So, try not to do any mistake while filling the registration form. Read instructions carefully before you start filling the registration form.
- Take a printout of your application form for acknowledgment purpose.
There are two options provided by the conducting body for submission of fee i.e. online or offline. You can submit the fee by debit/credit card & net banking or through SBI challan mode.
Following are the fee details:
|Examination Centres in India|
|Female candidates||Rs. 1300 + GST***|
|ST/SC/PwD candidates||Rs. 1300 + GST***|
|All other candidates||Rs. 2600 + GST***|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500|
|Exam Centres Outside India|
|All candidates||USD 160 + GST*** (SAARC Countries)|
|All candidates||USD 300 + GST*** (Non-SAARC Countries)|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
Before the registration starts, check your eligibility for this exam and know whether you are eligible for this exam or not. Once you fulfill all the criteria which are decided by IIT Kanpur, then go to the registration process. If you have filled the application, but you are not satisfying the eligibility criteria, then your application will be rejected.
- You must have Indian citizenship.
- PIO/OCI aspirants are also eligible.
- An aspirant who has secured a rank top 2,24,000 ranks in JEE Main exam. These ranks include all categories.
- Aspirants who born on or after 1st October 1992.
- 5-year relaxation will be provided to SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Aspirants who are appearing for 12th examination or who have already passed the qualifying examination are eligible.
- Aspirants must have secured 75% marks in 12th or 65% for SC/ST/PwD Category or the aspirant is in top 20% in their respective board exam.
Number of attempts
- JEE Aspirants can appear for JEE Advanced twice in two consecutive years and not after that.
- A candidate who has already applied the first time can also apply for the JEE Advanced 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern
The conducting board declared the exam date to be 20th May 2018. It will be organized in online mode, which means it will be computer based. It consists of two papers (I & II). The exam will be conducted in English and Hindi Language. 3 hours’ time duration will be given to both exams. The exam will have Multiple Choice Questions & Numerical type questions. It will also consist of three subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
AAT 2018 (Architectural Aptitude Test)
Those who want to take admission into B.Arch courses will have to appear for AAT Exam. Only the students who clear JEE Advanced 2018 are eligible for this exam. Interested students can register online for the exam. Three hours’ time duration will be given for this exam.
It consists of three subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics). Those who want to take admission into the architecture courses will have to go through the architecture syllabus also.
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Freehand drawing
- Geometrical Drawing
- Three-dimensional perception
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
- Architectural awareness
How to prepare for JEE Advanced 2018?
For admission into the IITs, you need to have a well-structured preparation strategy to crack examination easily. Here we are listing some important tips for JEE Advanced:
- Give equal time to every subject.
- Go through the syllabus of JEE Advanced and Exam pattern.
- You need to study from the best study material for JEE Advanced Preparation.
- Try to make notes separately for each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- Try to solve last year’s question papers, sample papers, and mock test.
- You need to keep yourself healthy and fit.
- You need to take proper sleep and good food.
JEE Advanced Admit card
Candidates who clear JEE Main 2018 and are among the top 2,24,000 successful candidates can download their JEE Advanced Admit Card from the official website via online mode. From the second week of May 2018, JEE Advanced Admit card will be available. The exam conducting authority does not allow the candidates to enter in the examination hall who reach the examination hall without the admit card. The JEE Advanced admit card consists of:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll. No.
- Date & Time of exam
- Venue of the examination center
It is advised to students to take their admit cards with original ID proofs.
IIT Kanpur will release the answer keys for JEE Advanced Examination. The authority will also be responsible for declaring ORS and scanned responses in the last week of May 2018. Answer keys will be released in the first week of June 2018.
JEE Advanced Result
IIT Kanpur wildeclareed JEE Advanced Result in the 2nd week of June 2018 via online mode. A candidate can view their result through the official website. Once the result is declared, the successful candidates can check their category wise all India Ranks. IIT Kanpur will not send the result via offline mode. Getting a rank does not ensure your admission into the top IITs.
JEE Advanced Rank List
IIT Kanpur will declare the rank list on the basis of marks secured by the candidates. If in case two students secure same aggregate marks in JEE Advanced 2018, then the higher rank will be given to the one who secures more marks in Mathematics subject. If in case they still secure same marks, then the ranking will be allotted on the basis of marks secured in Physics subject. IIT Kanpur will also release JEE Advanced cut off, once the results are declared.
Joint Seat Allocation Authority is the only authority who is responsible for centralized counselling process for admission in IIITs, IITs, NITs, and CFTs. Only those candidates are eligible to sit in the counselling process who have cleared JEE Advanced Exam. JoSAA will also responsible to create counselling schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- How is JEE Advanced Cut-Off calculated?
Ans- The cut-off score for JEE Advanced is calculated based on numerous factors such as:
- Number of Candidates giving exam
- Last year’s cut off
- Difficulty level of Exam
- Joint Admission Board norms and rules
- Available seats and colleges to be allotted
- The number of candidates qualifying the test.
- IIT Kanpur releases the rank list for JEE advanced and the cut off is out in the month of June. You will be able to check your by logging into the result portal
Q- What is the expected date for JEE Advanced Result?
Ans- After providing your JEE Advanced registration number and Date of Birth, you can check your results easily. Expected date for JEE Advanced result is 10-12 June 2018.
For the result of individual subjects, you can check by providing your name, roll number and Application number of JEE Advanced 2018.
Q- What is next step after I have cleared JEE Advanced exam?
Ans- Joint Admission Board announces the dates for counseling and the seat allotment process for the final selection of the candidates to colleges.
You first need to separately register for the counseling process through the official website of JEE Advanced.
Then after Entering your Roll Number, Registration Number; Date of Birth, Password and confirm the password.
You will receive a system generated user ID and password. After you Fill your choices and preferences accordingly through your system generate new ID and Password. You must not forget to lock your choices before the last date.
Online seat allotment process begins and you need to have the soft copy of their category certificates.
In order to Freeze the allotted seat, you will have to pay the requisite amount of fee online. To book the allotted year for the academic year you must report the allotted institution.
Documents verification is the process in which the candidates need to provide the required documents and certificates for physical verification. Following are the documents required-
- JEE Advanced 2018 Seat Allotment letter from JoSAA portal
- JEE Advanced 2018Original Admit card
- JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form (duly filled)
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report
- Proof of Date of Birth: Class X/HSC/Birth Certificate/Any other certificate as proof of date of birth
- Class XII/SSC/Equivalent exam Mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/PWD/DS) issued by the competent authority
- For foreign nationals: Attested photocopy of the page in the passport containing name, photo, and nationality