CBSE released JEE Main 2018 Information Bulletin. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) is the National level Engineering Entrance Exam for B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan Courses. JEE Main 2018 is conducted by CBSE in online and offline modes for admission in NIT’s (National Institute of Technology), IIIT’s (Indian Institute of Information Technology) and other (CFTs) Centrally Funded Technically Institutions across all over India.It is also a qualifying exam for JEE advanced 2018. Aadhaar Card will be mandatory for the registration process.
Note: IIT Kanpur announces their updates upon JEE Advanced 2018.
- CBSE Released their information bulletin for JEE Main 2018. Click Here
- JEE Main 2018 offline mode exam will be conducted on 08th April 2018 and online mode exam will be conducted on 15th & 16th April 2018.
- JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus released now Check here.
- 4000 More aspirants to be eligible for JEE Advanced Exam next year. So now 2,24,000 aspirants will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
Download: JEE Main Study Material
Download Information Brochure:
JEE Main Exam Dates
|JEE Main 2018 Notification||22nd November 2017|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st December 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||2nd week of December 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st January 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||2nd January 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of March 2018|
|Offline exam||8th April 2018 (Declared)|
|Online exam||15th & 16th April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||24th-27th April 2018|
|Result (Score & Rank)||30th April 2018|
Further Details which you need to know:
In 2017 MHRD, Government of India introduced some new changes in JEE Main which are as follows:
- The candidate is required to have a valid Aadhaar card to fill JEE Main Application form.
- The data on Aadhar Card (Name, Date of Birth, Gender etc) should match the details one has to provide the time application form registration. In case the details do not match, they are not allowed to appear in the exam.
- JEE Main Application Correction window will be operational on the website from January 2017 to February 2018.
- There is no weightage given to 12th Class marks in calculating JEE Main Ranks.
- In order to qualify for taking admission in IIT’s, NIT’s and different centrally funded institution, Candidate must get 75% marks in class 12th wherever for SC Applicants it will be 65%.
- Applicants who are from Meghalaya, J&K and Assam can use their local identity proof (passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any valid government ID Proof etc.) for appearing in the examination.
JEE Main Application form
It is mandatory for all the students to read all the instructions carefully i.e (how to fill application form) before filling JEE Main application form. Application will be declared by CBSE from 1st December 2017.
The application process follows three stages which are given as follows:
- Filling all the basic information
- Uploading images
- Submitting Application Fee
Before filling the application form you must have the following documents:
- Scanned Copies of photograph, signature, thumb impressions
- Class 10th and 12th related information
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- Aadhaar Card
Filling the Application Form:
- The first step is to register for the exam on the official website.
- On the homepage, click on the “Apply for JEE (Main) – 2018”
- Click on “New Candidate Registration”.
- Enter details like Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, State of Eligibility etc.
- After you fill the required information, submit the application form.
- An application number will be generated. This number is crucial as it would be required for all the further communications.
Stage – II
Uploading scanned images
- After registration, applicants would be required to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- All the scanned images need to be in jpg/jpeg format only.
- Size of the photograph should be between 4 kb and 40 kb.
- The signature image should be between 1 kb and 30 kb.
- Thumb impression should be between 1 kb and 30 kb.
- Dimension for the photograph: 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (Height) only.
- The signature should be in between 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (Height) only.
- Image dimension for the thumb impression: 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (Height) only.
Note – Documents exceeding the specified sizes will not be uploaded. Use image resizer to fit the specifications.
Stage – III
Submitting Application Fee
- After uploading the images, applicants have to pay the application fees online through Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking. The fees differ for online and offline mode and reservation relaxation applies to categories
- If the candidate is using Credit Card to pay JEE Main 2018 application fee, 1.20% of the examination fee will be charged additionally along with service tax as applicable
- In case, a candidate is using Debit Card to pay JEE Main 2018 exam fee, a fee of 0.75% of the examination fee will be charged additionally along with taxes for exam fee up to INR 2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than INR 2000
- A candidate using SBI Buddy will be charged INR 20/- per transaction plus the service tax as applicable
- Using Paytm will cost 1.50% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable
- The board also accepts application fee through E-challan. For the same, aspirants need to download the e-challan generated after the submission of online application form. Applicants will be able to download the acknowledgment page once the fees are paid.
JEE Main 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2018|
|Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Mode of Exam||Online and Offline|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Paper I||B.Tech / B.E.|
|Paper II||B.Arch / B.Planning|
|Purpose of Examination||Qualifying examination for admissions into NITs, IITs, and GFTI.
Qualifying Test for JEE Advanced which provides admissions into IITs.
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total Number of Questions in Paper||90 Questions (30 Questions each in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be allotted for each correct response.
For each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Selection Process||Admission through JoSAA counseling on the basis of the applicant’s All India Rank|
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility criteria:
The general eligibility criteria for JEE Main is that the candidate should be class 12th pass with minimum 75% marks. Other important eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Only those applicants whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1993 are eligible to write the JEE Main Exam.
- However, relaxation is provided in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) applicants. The board relaxes upper age limit for the mentioned categories by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD applicants who are born on or after October 01, 1987 are eligible.
- Please note that date of birth recorded in CBSE mark sheets or equivalent will be considered.
Educational Qualification Criteria:
- Applicants who have passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2015 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2019 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2018.
- Applicants must have studied and written exams for at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing Exam.
- The Applicants who have taken only four subjects are not eligible to write JEE (Main) 2018.
No. of Attempts given to applicants:
The number of attempts which applicants can take is limited to 3. In the past, this was not counted but now onwards it will be counted and the same thing is been also applied for JEE Advanced 2018. You can only apply for JEE Advanced 2018 two times in the same consecutive year.
The application fee varies for all applicants. It depends on over their Category and Gender.
Offline Exam (Pen or Paper Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
|Exam center in India||Exam Centre in out of India|
Online Mode (Computer Based)
|Paper/Category||Paper I or II||Paper I and II Both||Paper I or II||Paper I and II both|
- The applicants can submit their fee through credit card, debit card, and e-challan.
- Applicants those who are choosing e-challan mode would have to pay Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara Bank in cash.
JEE Main Form Correction
Applicants who have successfully submitted their Application Form can make corrections in their application in January 2018. The conducting board, CBSE will release the Application correction for the applicants who made some errors while filling the form.
- Correction is limited to particular sections only
- Details such as Academic details cannot be corrected
Applicants should avoid typing errors and should keep the documents aside while filling the form.
JEE Main 2018 Admit Card:
To download JEE Main admit card 2018, applicants have to enter their application number, date of birth and security pin. The admit card will not be sent individually to any applicant, it would be available online. CBSE releases the admit card and it should be retained till the counseling process.
The following steps are to be followed to download admit card of JEE Main 2018.
- The link to download JEE Main 2018 Admit Card will be available on the official website.
- The system will redirect you to the admit card portal.
- Enter JEE Main 2018 Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin in the admit card window
- Click on “Submit” button.
- Check the admit card on your computer screen.
- Ensure all the details are correct before taking a print out.
JEE Main Exam center:
Applicants should check their exam centers written on the Admit Card. Please note that a change in exam centres will not be entertained. The exam center will cover major cities across India and abroad. In case there is an increase in the number of applicants opting the city of Delhi for JEE Main 2018 online exam, some aspirants might be allotted examination center in Noida, Greater-Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad or Gurgaon.
Best books for IIT JEE Main Preparation:
Every JEE Aspirants need to go with best books for JEE Main 2018 preparation. Know all the best book for JEE Main preparation from here. NCERT Books remains the best choices for every JEE Aspirants. Try to go thoroughly with the NCERT books after that you can follow others reference books like R.D. Sharma, H.C.Verma, and Morrison.
JEE Main Exam Pattern:
This engineering entrance exam comprises of two papers. Applicants seeking admission in B.E/B. Tech programs at NITs, IIITs and CFTIs appear for Paper-1 whereas Paper-2 is given by aspirants of Architecture and Planning Programs. The duration of the exam is three hours in which applicants can write the exam in either of the two mediums.
- Online mode
- Offline mode
A total of 90 questions are asked and there is negative marking. Only Objective type questions will be asked in Paper-1 which will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There will be 30 questions in all the 3 sections from Paper -1 carrying total 360 marks. Each question carries four marks. The total time given to applicants is 3 hours. Paper-1 will be organized in both online and offline mode. For every correct answer, you will get 4 marks and for every wrong answer, you will lose one mark. However, you will not lose any mark from the total score for unanswered questions. CBSE conducts a computer-based test and Pen & Paper Entrance Exam on separate dates.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Marking Scheme|
|Physics||30||120||1 mark will be deducted for every wrong response.|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Marking Scheme|
|Mathematics||30||120||1 mark will be deducted for every wrong response.|
A total of 82 questions are asked comprising 390 marks in Paper-2. It will consist of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing section. Only Mathematics and Aptitude section are objective whereas drawing section is subjective. It is conducted only in offline mode. The total time given to the applicants is 3 hours.
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus:
The exam consists of topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for Paper I and Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing for Paper II. The applicants have to thoroughly revise their class 12th syllabus and books to prepare for JEE Main 2018. Applicants can also prepare by joining various institutes which provide the required training and course material to clear this crucial exam.
To download detailed syllabus Click here.
JEE Main 2018 Result
CBSE will release JEE Main Result online on the official website. You will not receive results via Email; the applicants must check them online.
How to check JEE Main Result 2018?
- Click on the link given on the official website https://jeemain.nic.in to get access to the JEE Main 2018 Result portal.
- Enter Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on submit button and you will have JEE Main Result 2018 window.
- Check your score and ranks and download the Rank Card.
- Applicants will also get to know their qualifying status for JEE Advanced 2018 through their rank card.
JEE Main 2018 Rank Card
The JEE Main Rank List 2018 will include All India Rank of the candidate along with the All India Category Rank. Furthermore, JoSAA uses JEE Main AIR for admissions.In 2017 CBSE introduced some changes among of them one is when calculating All India Rank no weightage has to be given class 12th marks. For detailed information visit here.
JEE Main 2018 Cut Off
CBSE will release cut off of JEE Main 2018 along with the result. JEE Main cut off comprises closing ranks or minimum scores as an eligibility for JEE Advanced 2018.The expected cut off for JEE Main 2018 is given below:
JEE Main 2018 Counselling:
Only those applicants who have qualified in JEE Main 2018 will be able to participate in the counseling session.
JoSAA will conduct online allocation of seats based on the applicant’s All India Rank in JEE Main, category, availability of seats and other factors. Post seat allocation, the applicants will have to report at their allotted Institute for document verification and fee payment.
Submit following documents for verification:
- 3 Passport size Photographs
- JEE Main Admit Card 2018
- JEE Main Result 2018
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Seat Allotment letter
- Photo Identity Card
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Question
After filling an application form; will an applicants able to edit their exam centres?
Yes, Applicants can edit their exam centres during the given correction time.
An applicants from OCI/PIO/NRI. How can he/she apply without having Aadhaar Card?
An applicants from OCI/PIO/NRI can use their passport details for filling application form.
Are diploma applicant are eligible or not for JEE Main 2018?
Yes, diploma applicant are eligible for JEE Main 2018 but only to fulfill the eligibility for JEE advanced.Diploma holder applicants will not be eligible for admission to NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main.
Is an application acceptable if a photograph without having name and date written on it?
In case uploaded photograph have not name and date, the form will not be rejected or no correction would be required.
is thumb impression is necessary for JEE Main 2018?
No, It is not necessary for JEE Main 2018.
I got 60% marks in my class 12th. Am i eligible or not or am I have to re-appear 12th for getting 75% marks
You are eligible for JEE Main. 75% criteria is for those who want to take admission in IIIT’s , NIT’s and other CFT’s.
Applicants who are from Meghalaya, J&K and Assam; how can they apply for the JEE Main?
Applicants who are from Meghalaya, J&K and Assam states; can use their passport number, ration card, voter card, bank account number and other government ID proof for filling JEE Main 2018 entrance exam. Those applicants only appear their exam centers only in these mentioned states.
I am a NIOS students. Can i apply for JEE Main?
Yes, NIOS students also eligible for JEE Main exam but those are eligible for only their study NIOS exam center.
I passed in 2015. Am i eligible or not?
No, you are not eligible.
An applicants who appeared for paper-2. Are eligible or not for admission to B.Arch in IIT’s?
No, those applicants will be eligible for admission to NIT’s/SPA’s and other CFT’s where B.Arch Course i eligible.
If my name is not same in higher secondary mark sheet or in aadhaar card then what can I do?
In this situation you can submit a correction form to aadhaar Card centre and can apply for JEE Main by entering fourteen digits enrollment id after submitting the updation request.
Is Aadhaar card mandatory for JEE Main?
Yes, Aadhaar card is mandatory for JEE Main. It is required filled in JEE Main application form.